Path to Eagle!
Congratulations on working your way to Life, you are one step closer to earning your Eagle Scout Rank!
Did you know that only 6% of Scouts make it through to Eagle?
You are amazing and you have a group of Scouts and Adult leaders who are here to support you along your path!
Here are some links to get you started on your Eagle Scout rank.
Need help on finding an Eagle Project? Here are a few area organizations that have thrive on the hard work of Scouts just like you!
Armand Bayou Nature Center! Reconnect with Nature, fill out the Scout volunteer form HERE
Download your Eagle Scout Project workbook
- Read through this workbook
- Meet with your beneficiary about a project proposal
- Have the beneficiary sign the proposal
- Complete the first section of the workbook (proposal)
- Review proposal with Scoutmaster
- Get approval signatures from Scoutmaster and Committee Chair
- Have District review/sign proposal – Request for review needs to be filled out online HERE
- You can know start your project
Download your Eagle Scout Application
- This can also be printed from Scoutbook
- Needs to filled out accurately/correctly – Take your time!
- Get 5 – 6 letters of recommendation – How to request & Write Eagle Scout Letters of recommendations
- Letters can be emailed to your Advancement Chair.
What we need to take to Council: The paperwork may be brought in-person to the council office during normal business hours (takes about 15 minutes) or may be submitted by email to 576EagleVerification@scouting.org (utilizing these instructions).
- Completed Eagle Project workbook
- Eagle Scout Application
- 5-6 letters of recommendation – Only Advancement Chair may view these
- Eagle Scout Letter of Ambition – How to write an Eagle Scout Statement of Ambition.
Scouts BSA Boards of Review
After a Scout has completed the requirements for any rank, they appear before a board of review. Its purpose is to determine the quality of their experience and decide whether the Scout has fulfilled the requirements for the rank.
Eagle Scout Boards of Review: At least one district or council representative must serve as a member of an Eagle Scout board of review. A member of the troop committee schedules the Eagle Scout board of review.
After An Eagle Board of Review (EBOR) is Completed – Materials needed by Council:
Bring these to the Cockrell Scout Center:
- Eagle Scout Rank Application*
- Signature of the EBOR Chair MUST by on the Application.
- All copies of ally collected letters of recommendations
- For any EBOR that takes place October 1, 2022 or later, a completed District Representative Card (“Pink Card”) must be included, theses are obtained at the EBOR from the District Representative.
For a complete check list on what to do AFTER your EBOR is complete, download HERE